Risen Easter Sunday Church Website Banner

History of the Akron Community Church

The Akron Community Church has been an active participant in the local community and is previously known as Akron Church of the Brethren.  The Akron Church of the Brethren was organized on April 5, 1913.  The congregation developed out of the Mohler (Springville) and Middle Creek (West Conestoga) congregations.  Initially, there were two meetinghouses: the Steinmetz meetinghouse, which was built in 1847, and the Akron house, which was built in 1898.  The Steinmetz house was demolished in 1939 and the Akron meetinghouse was demolished in 1974, after the completion of the present church building on Main Street in Akron.